Friday, March 19, 2010

Band Camp 2009



Band camp's finally over, after three (long) days. It felt quite short sometimes, and draggy at other times. The most awesome thing was when I spent close to 3 hours talking to the two onnis at the gallery at night, where it was dark, peaceful and quiet. I haven't had such a nice chat in a long time.

My juniors are all quite nice, there quite abit of bonding during lunch/breakfast/instrument cleaning session. I admit I felt slightly worried at first for the fact that they had much more experience and are good flautists. Now I'm glad they're tons better for I wish to learn more.

I'll miss playing with a band. Its a pity I didn't have enough time to be able to play the flute well, one year is too short a period of time. Personally, I felt my rate of improvement wasn't bad until the end of last year, after the band fest. It just stopped there and I haven't moved forward since then due to the lack of practice. How much can I do with just 4 or 5 hours per week?

Next friday's our last performance, I don't actually want to step down. Don't want to part with my instrument. I'll wait till the end of A's and improve on my skills! That means I still have an extreeemeellyyyy long way to go.


Some things haven't changed the way I wished it would. I did think the camp would make things better but I suppose it didn't. It felt really, really weird at first but I got used to the idea, and that I'll have to get used to it even after school (probably). We all learn from experiences. Its best they remained the same but what can be done?


Just a few photos, I don't have too many.














Michael Jackson: through the years

since I've already posted blue sky march and probably highlights from ratatouille.

No comments: